Founding meeting of United for Ukraine network2022-03-22 | Events
FOUNDING MEETING OF “UNITED FOR UKRAINE” NETWORK
- This is the original version of the meeting (no interpretation): https://fb.watch/gqndtT_YR-/
- Meeting with English interpretation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuGk9D8zVa0
- Meeting with Ukrainian interpretation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KASowFl6bTU
On March 22, European and Transatlantic MPs and MEPs launched an informal cross-party, cross-country network “United for Ukraine” (U4U). The network unites over 100 Members of Parliaments from 27 countries that are actively working to support Ukraine at their home countries as well as on the international level.
In light of Russia’s full-scale invasion of Ukraine, we have to take targeted and coordinated action to support Ukraine in every way possible. As all of us are worried about Putin’s criminal war against Ukraine and the people’s suffering that has been caused by it, we tirelessly raise questions of weapon delivery, Western sanctions, future reconstruction of Ukrainian infrastructure and economy, Ukraine’s European integration, etc. But in the months to come, it will require a lot of joint political action on EU institutional and EU member state level as well as across the democratic Western world to effectively promote important ideas, actions, and projects, to exchange information, and to engage in broad public lobbying activities in support of Ukraine.
The U4U network will serve as an international platform for policy makers across Europe, Canada and the USA to regularly exchange ideas and coordinate international policy initiatives to ensure a strong and united Western response to the outrageous military attack by Russia in Europe.
- Andrius KUBILIUS, Member of the European Parliament, Chair of the Euronest Parliamentary Assembly
- Ruslan STEFANCHUK, Chairman of the Verkhovna Rada
- Oleksandr MEREZHKO, Member of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, Head of the Committee on Foreign Policy and Interparliamentary Cooperation, tbc
- Witold Jan WASZCZYKOWSKI, Member of European Parliament, Chair of the Delegation to the EU-Ukraine Parliamentary Association Committee, tbc
- Ivanna KLYMPUSH-TSINTSADZE, Member of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, Head of the Committee on Ukraine’s Integration into the EU
- André GATTOLIN, Senator at the French Senate, Vice-chair of the Foreign affairs committee
- Vsevolod CHENTSOV, Head of the Mission of Ukraine to the European Union and the European Atomic Energy Community
- Małgorzata GOSIEWSKA, Deputy Speaker at the Polish Sejm, tbc
- Hanna HOPKO, former Member of the Verkhovna Rada
- Knut ABRAHAM, Member of Bundestag
- Žygimantas PAVILIONIS, Member of Parliament of the Republic of Lithuania
Comments from the audience.